Areas of Expertise: Industrial, leisure and investment, agency, acquisition and development.
Tel: 0117 922 1222 | Mobile: 07771 820052 | email@example.com
1965 – 2018
It is our great sadness to inform clients and friends that Malcolm died in May 2018, aged 52, after a year-long battle with Motor Neurone Disease.
Malcolm was a popular and prominent personality in the West Country commercial property sector, well-known and respected for his expertise in the industrial and development markets. He started his career with British Gas in 1986, before moving onto Hoddell Pritchard in 1987 and then Chesterton in 1990.
Having co-founded the company, he had been a director with us at Williams Gunter Hardwick for 22 years and was responsible for many major industrial development deals in the South West, notably several big shed acquisitions for Lidl and Yankee Candle.
But first and foremost he was a great friend. He was also a wise counsel and perfect business partner. We have been very fortunate to have worked with him and we miss him enormously.
During the last year, even as his health deteriorated, Malcolm still played an important part in the company.
Malcolm leaves a wife and teenage daughter. A trust has been established in Malcolm’s memory: www.malcfoundation.co.uk
Professional and Educational Qualifications
BSc (Hons) Land Management, Reading University.
Elected MRICS, General Practice Division.
• Business space and development expert on numerous major projects.
• Development advice to Wilson Bowden on the development of Milton Keynes Theatre District.
• Acquisition of Lidl distribution warehouses of 300,000 sq. ft each, in Weston-super-Mare, London and South Wales.
• Major acquisitions for Yankee Candle.
• Planning and development advice in securing allocation of 24 acres for employment allocation in the North Somerset Replacement Local Plan.
• Acquisition, letting and investment advice on redevelopment of former Maples department store, Clifton, Bristol.
• Relocation of AP Burt and sale of existing site, 10 acres, for residential development.
• Property advisors to Renishaw including acquisition of their new premises in Stone, Staffordshire.
1996 – 2018
Williams Gunter Hardwick.
1991 – 1996
Chesterton, Associate Director, Head of Industrial Agency.
1988 – 1991
Hoddell Pritchard, Development Surveyor.
1986 – 1988
British Gas plc – Estates.